Last Updated on January 31, 2024 by Ayesha Khan
Ehsaas Disabled Person: Understanding Their Needs and How to Support Them
In our society, it is important to show kindness and empathy toward those who are disabled. These individuals often face challenges on a daily basis, but with proper care and support, they can live fulfilling lives. The Ehsaas program in Pakistan aims to help people living in poverty, including those individuals who have disabilities. In this article, we will explore what it means to be an Ehsaas disabled person and how we can work together as a community to support them.
What It Means to Be an Ehsaas Disabled Person
The definition of an Ehsaas disabled person is someone who has a physical or mental disability that affects their ability to earn a living. According to statistics, there are approximately 2.5 million people in Pakistan who are considered disabled. This includes individuals who have hearing or vision impairments, mobility issues, intellectual disabilities, or other conditions that limit their daily activities.
Ehsaas Disable Person Registration
Ehsaas program is a comprehensive poverty reduction initiative launched by the Government of Pakistan. Among its many initiatives, Ehsaas also offers support to disabled individuals in the form of financial assistance, healthcare services, and vocational training. If you or someone you know is disabled, it is important that they register for the Ehsaas Disability Program to access these benefits.
To register for the Ehsaas Disability Program, there are a few steps that need to be followed:
Step 1: Obtain a disability certificate from the relevant authority
Before starting the registration process for Ehsaas Disability Program, it is important to obtain a disability certificate from an authorized medical board. This certificate will determine if the individual qualifies as disabled according to Ehsaas guidelines.
Step 2: Gather the necessary documents
In addition to the disability certificate, other documents such as CNIC/NICOP (National Identity Card), and proof of income are required.
Step 3: Visit the nearest Ehsaas office or center
The next step is to visit your nearest Ehsaas office or center. This can be found on the official Ehsaas website.
Step 4: Submit your application
At the office or center, provide all necessary documents including your disability certificate, and submit your application for registration. Your application will then be reviewed by an appointed official who will determine if you meet the eligibility criteria for the Ehsaas program.
In order to qualify for support under this program, individuals must meet specific eligibility criteria:
- The individual must hold a valid Pakistani CNIC/NICOP.
- The individual must be declared ‘disabled’ through a certified medical examination at one of the prescribed health facilities.
- The individual should not already receive any type of government-funded social protection/assistance program.
- Active-duty military personnel are not eligible.
- Persons convicted of fraud in obtaining the Ehsaas program are ineligible.
Benefits of Ehsaas Disability Program
Individuals who qualify for the Ehsaas Disability Program receive several benefits such as:
- Financial Assistance: A monthly stipend is provided to disabled individuals living below the poverty line. The amount varies based on the severity of the disability.
- Healthcare Services: Disabled individuals can access free medical treatment and rehabilitation services at public hospitals.
- Vocational Training: This program provides vocational training to enable people with disabilities to start their own small businesses or seek employment.
The Ehsaas program recognizes the additional challenges that disabled individuals face in Pakistani society and aims to provide a safety net for them. By registering for this program, disabled persons can get support from the government to improve their quality of life.
Ehsaas Disable Person Check By CNIC
To Check the status of the Hamqadam program status Send your CNIC Number To 8123
Challenges Faced by Ehsaas Disabled Persons
Everyday tasks that are considered simple for the average person can be challenging for someone with a disability. Mobility may be limited, communication may be impaired, or specific equipment needs may not be available. In addition to these physical challenges, people with disabilities also face societal stigmas and discrimination.
For many Ehsaas disabled persons in Pakistan, poverty exacerbates these difficulties further. They lack access to education and healthcare facilities at rates higher than the general population; while the unemployment rate among persons with disabilities in Pakistan was estimated at roughly 80% in 2010.
This means that people with disabilities often struggle financially due to difficulty earning an income on top of expensive costs towards basic necessities like healthcare expenses.
You may also like: Ehsaas Program
Supporting Ehsaas Disabled Persons
There are many ways you can support Ehsaas disabled persons within your community:
1) Accessibility: One of the most important ways you can support Ehsaas disabled persons is by ensuring accessibility. This means making public spaces, events or transportation as barrier-free as possible.
2) Education: Access to education is essential for people with disabilities wanting to acquire knowledge for a more independent life. Inclusion and integration policies should be in place at all levels of education, including primary, secondary, and tertiary institutions.
3) Healthcare: Increased healthcare expenses- Putting resources towards health insurance that covers the cost of medical equipment and medicines may significantly decrease disability-related expenses.
4) Employment opportunities: Employers can make their recruitment process more inclusive by reaching out to job-seekers with disabilities through employment programs for people with disabilities. Similarly, offering flex time under reasonable accommodations can help retain employees who become disabled on the job
People with disabilities need real inclusion in society just like everyone else. It’s everyone’s responsibility to bridge gaps between abilities-based communities. The government vows to maintain efforts against discrimination towards people based on disabilities, so it is up to individuals and organizations to uphold these values wherever they go. With specialized attention now being given to these issues, various accessible adaptations are achievable throughout sectors from healthcare, transportation, media services, and general popularity in order to uplift the dignity of an Ehsaas disabled person while simultaneously unearthing new talent within this community that has yet remained undiscovered.